Department of Medical, Health and Family Welfare, Government of Uttar Pradesh, is playing a vital role in improving the health status & quality of living of the People of Uttar Pradesh.
With the objective of providing health services in Urban and Remote areas, the department provides medical services in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Chief Medical Officer(CMO) is responsible for all the works related to the health department. He is also in charge of the District Hospital.
Health Department Key Contacts of District Hamirpur
|1||Chief Medical Officer (CMO)||8005192661|
|2||Chief Medical Superintendent (CMS), Male Hospital||9919808761|
|3||Chief Medical Superintendent (CMS), Women Hospital||9415093353|
|4||District Tuberculosis Officer (DTO)||9415187009|
|5||District leprosy Officer (DLO)||9415187009|
|6||District Malariya Officer(DMO)||9452123162|
|7||District Homeopathic Medical Officer(DHO)||9415426937|
|8||Divisional Ayurvedic and Unani Office (DAUO)||9450264538|
Details Of CHCs and PHCs In The District (At Tehsil Level)
|Tehsil Name||No. of CHC||No. of PHC|
The health department is further divided into three(3) categories:
It is a system of medical practice that aims to combat disease by the use of remedies producing effects. The main aim of this department is to provide vaccination to the people against various diseases like swine flu etc. to prevent the disease. It also helps provide help to undernourished children.
It is a system of medical practice in which ailments are treated by minute doses of natural substances in larger amounts, which produce symptoms of the ailment. This department is managed by District Homeopathic Officer.
Ayurveda, which literally means the science of life (Ayur = Life, Veda = Science), Ayurveda is an ancient medical science that was developed in India thousands of years ago. This department is managed by the district Ayurvedic Officer.
108 is predominantly an emergency response system, primarily designed to attend to patients of critical care, trauma and accident victims, etc.
102 services essentially consist of basic patient transport aimed to cater to the needs of pregnant women and children though other categories are also taking benefit and are not excluded. JSSK entitlements e.g. free transfer from home to facility, inter-facility transfer in case of referral, and drop back for mother and children are the key focus of 102 services.
Local Medical Institutions
At the local governance level, there are CHCs and PHCs to assist the citizens. CHC stands for Community Health Centre having a bed capacity of 30, PHC stands for Primary Health Centre and SHC stands for Sub-Health Centre.
Objectives Of Community Health Centers
- To make available medical treatment and the related facilities for citizens.
- To provide appropriate advice, treatment, and support that would help to cure the ailment to the extent medically possible.
- To ensure that treatment is best on well-considered judgment is timely and comprehensive and with the consent of the citizen being treated.
- To ensure you are just aware of the nature of the ailment, the progress of treatment, duration of treatment, and impact on their health and lives, and To reduce any grievances in this regard.
The CHC in Hamirpur District has-
- OPD timings: 8 am – 2 pm
- Emergency – 24 hrs
It has various facilities like:
- OPD Services for Indoor Patients
- Test Facilities
- X-Ray facilities
- Operation facilities
- Ambulance facility (108,102)
- Required/ Complicated delivery
- Complaint Book
- Eye Cure
- Leprosy cure
- Immunization of TB, Polio, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough and Measles in Infants.
- Publicity of AIDS.
- Registration of death and birth.
- Free Oral Contraceptive pills, Condom Pieces.
Schemes of Health Department
Janani Suraksha Yojana
Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) is a safe motherhood intervention under the National Rural Health Mission (NHM). It is being implemented with the objective of reducing maternal and neonatal mortality by promoting institutional delivery among poor pregnant women. The scheme is under implementation in all states and Union Territories (UTs), with a special focus on the Low Performing States (LPS).
Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakaram (JSSK)
The government of India has launched Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakaram (JSSK) on 1st June 2011. The scheme is estimated to benefit more than 12 million pregnant women who access Government health facilities for their delivery. Moreover, it will motivate those who still choose to deliver at their homes to opt for institutional deliveries. It is an initiative with the hope that states would come forward and ensure that benefits under JSSK would reach every needy pregnant woman coming to government institutional facility. All the States and UTs have initiated the implementation of the scheme.
AYUSHMAN BHARAT PRADHAN MANTRI JAN AROGYA YOJNA (AB-PMJAY)
Ayushman Bharat PradhanMantri Jan ArogyaYojna is one of the highly ambitious projects of Hon. Prime Minister of India. This scheme was inaugurated on 23rd Sept. 2018. The beneficiaries of this scheme were selected on the basis of the Socio-economic-caste census of 2011. Each beneficiary family gets a free treatment of Rs.5 Lakh per year in any of the impaneled hospitals under this scheme.
To seek the benefit of this scheme the beneficiary should carry his RATION CARD or AADHAR CARD to any of the impaneled hospitals or nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) for activation of his Ayushman Golden Card. Those beneficiaries who were left out in the 2011 census are being benefitted by MUKHYA MANTRI JAN AROGYA ABHIYAN (MMJAA).
DISTRICT AT A GLANCE-
- Total No. Of Beneficiary Families- 86,167
- Total No. Of Beneficiaries- 4,31,480
- Total No. Of Empanelled Hospitals- 13 (10 Govt. & 3 Private)
- Families With Ayushman Golden Card Till Date- 45,146
- Total No. Of Beneficiaries With Ayushman Golden Card Till Date- 1,15,610
- Total Amount Of Claim Paid- 2,42,34,572
LIST OF EMPANELLED HOSPITALS-
- District Male Hospital-Hamirpur.
- District Female Hospital-Hamirpur.
- Community Health Centre-Kurara
- Community Health Centre-Muskara
- Community Health Centre-Maudaha
- Community Health Centre-Sarila
- Community Health Centre-Channi
- Community Health Centre-Imiliya
- Community Health Centre-Nauranga
- Community Health Centre-Rath
- Vimal Nursing Home-Hamirpur
- Brijraj Hospital-Hamirpur
- Brijrani Hospital- Rath